- Wood Sandpiper29th August 2017
One has been reported in the last two days at the Goldcliff Lagoons.
- Firecrest18th August 2017
Firecrest spotted feeding in the hedgerow by the entrance car park this week at Goldcliff.
- Goldcliff bird news.10th August 2017
Four Greenshanks on the lagoons yesterday afternoon, one Whimbrel, five White Wagtails and two Yellow Wagtails.
- The strange looking Comma4th August 2017
A nice Comma butterfly on the main page.
- Bird updates.31st July 2017
I found a Spoonbill at Goldcliff Lagoons at 1410hrs today and the Wood Sandpiper was also showing well from the new platform.
- End of an era!31st July 2017
Sad news about Vladimir the Siberian Tiger who passed away earlier in the year. See main page.
- Wood Sandpiper26th July 2017
Still showing well down at the reserve at Goldcliff, Newport.
- Bird news20th July 2017
A Cattle Egret (possibly the one reported from llandegfedd Reservoir) has turned up at Goldcliff and is showing well.
- Rare bird.17th July 2017
There is a Cattle Egret showing well at llandegfedd Reservoir near New Inn Pontypool at the moment.
- A new butterfly species for me!8th July 2017
Found a pair of butterflies new to my list today. See main page for details.